Monday, 10 November 2014

The life in London

Posted on 05:36
Hi, I'm Jun. As Junior told you on FILA line the other day, we made this FILA 
homepage so that we can know others universities situations. I hope via this 
homepage we can be able to share our experiences, just let me know if you are 
willing to share your daily life with us, then I can let you know how to access to 
writing page. Personally I want many of us to write, though :)




Kayo already wrote our school life in London, so I would like to share our  daily 
life in London. We are living in the dormitory called Loring Hall which is divided 
into several building, and we FILA people are living A, B, and C building. I'm 
living in the 3 rd floor of B building. Each building is also divided by floor, and 
each floor has 2 flats which have usually 7 people living. My flat has also 7 
people, as in 4 from the UK, 1 from Ukraine, Ayame and me. (Un)fortunately, 
all of them are girls except for me.. so kinda hard. :P 



My room(sorry for messy)

Each room is independent, so we can have our relaxing time in our room, 

and every room has a shower room and bathroom. 










We share one kitchen which has basic stuff like a micro oven, a kettle, two 
refrigerators with 7 people.

































About laundry, there is a washing room a bit far away from our dorm, like 3 
mins on foot, but the cost is expensive, so most of us are doing laundry by 
themselves in room. Dry machines are terrible.
About shopping daily stuff, there is a super market taking a min from our dorm, 
and we can buy everything there with cheap price. 



Super market
 



We also have a Chinese shop where we can buy many things from Asia, so I usually buy Udon here.


Chinese shop








So, basically this is our life in London. The things Im surprised at are 
everything is expensive, such as lunch for 6 pounds(over 1,000 yen), dinner for 
10 pounds(over 1,500 yen) ,and mostly rain weather, always cloudy. Im really 
envious of California. I miss complete sunny days. Until yesterday, we had a 
week off, so I, Takashi, and Hide had an opportunity to visit France. (I had a 
terrible headache from something, so i couldn't go there, tho:0) Besides, Junior 
went to Ireland, and Yuya, Takashi, and Shin went to Wales, west side of the 
UK. so we are now so much enjoying our free time. As Kayo shared our 
schedule, we don't have many classes, in fact have a lot of free time. However, 
we, of course, are studying so much harder because even reading class 
summary, we have to think in philosophical ways which requires us to go to a 
library in order to learn about it deeper. 
Still I have tons of things I'd like to share, but ill pass them to next person. 
Thank you for reading:) 





1 comment

  1. Thanks to everyone involved in setting up this site! (Thanks, Junichi, for letting me know about it.)

    I have missed have all of you on campus. It has been a lonely semester.....

    Because I am not one of the core teachers for your study abroad, I haven't seen or heard much of anything about your study abroad. Finally, I can hear (read) your voices.

    Keep up the good work!

    (Junichi, clean your room! HAHAHA!)

    ReplyDelete