Heyyy!! I'm Ayame Nishiyama. This is the first time for me to talk about my experience here.
Honestly, I've never regret choosing London to study abroad. London is awesome, seriously.
That is, I think, partly because there are many many events held here.
So..Let me talk about my experience!
Today I went to the event, namely "HYPER JAPAN", with one of my friends, which was a
market about Japanese cuisine, shopping and culture in the UK.
Jump to HYPER JAPAN HP
It was amazing. Maybe it seems weird that I was tremendously excited even thought I'm Japanese so I knew about my culture. I think in part the reason is that I was happy to know there were many people who loved my culture. I realized Japanese culture, especially pop-culture, had a great influence on London even thought it's far from Japan.
Since I went there with one of my friends from Italy. I told about Japan to him a lot!! It was fun to see how he reacted to Japanese culture. Even things which I took for granted was surprising for him. From his reactions, I could realize Japanese culture was unique. To be honest, sometimes it was hard for me to explain in English. For instance, when he found "Tabi(足袋)", he asked me, "why a thumb and the other fingers are separated?". I could not answer correctly because I did't know the reason exactly. Therefore, I thought I needed to know about my own culture more deeply.
It was a nice experience. I came to love Japan more and more after coming here. I'm really proud that I am Japanese. I want to tell my culture to other friends more !!
Also, through such a experience, I hope I'm improving myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment